miércoles, 20 de abril de 2011

Bill Mehlhorn


"The best I ever saw from tee to green was Bill Mehlhorn"
Ben Hogan, Golf Magazine January, 1975

The art of golf is learning to do nothing but picture the flight or roll of the ball.


The play of the game

Mehlhorn had a great message for all golfers and that was in the management or you might say the style of play. Although he was the longest hitter he said to me one time "In my entire playing career, except with my three wood, I don't believe I hit more than fifty shots full to the hole." He then said " I hit mostly long chip shots, 1/4 shots, or 1/2 shots." Bill learned early in his career from his idol Harry Vardon that the effort used to hit the ball should be like the effort you use to cut a tree down with an ax. You can't use all your effort to swing that ax because you wouldn't last. The natural effort that we should use is about 2/3 of our effort. Thats our naturalness and you can play without making a mistake. If you go more than that you can make mistakes. That is the basic style of play.

http://www.golfwithmehlhorn.com/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario